Small and Portable TENS pain relief device
The Kentro TENS Pain Relief device is a safe, drug free device which helps to ease aches and pains. TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation and is widely recognised by doctors, physiotherapists and pharmacists as a safe method of easing pain.
- Clear and Easy to read LCD Display
- 6 Operation Modes
- 16 Intensity settings
How does TENS work?
TENS works by passing harmless electrical signals into the body via gel pads.
This eases pain in two ways:
1) Pain signals are normally transmitted from the area of damage through your nerve fibres to your brain. TENS interrupts these pain signals – so blocking the feeling of pain
2) Secondly, TENS stimulates your body to produce endorphins – your bodies own natural painkillers.
You can also use the device as a massager so stimulate your muscles. This can have the effect of strengthening your muscles so helping to stabilise joints such as knees, which in turn can help reduce pain as the joint is more stable.
The device requires 2 x AAA batteries (supplied).
Warnings and safety:
If you are in any doubt about any of these warnings please consult your medical adviser.
Do not use TENS:
• If you have a heart pacemaker or have a heart rhythm problem.
• If you have epilepsy
• During the first three months of pregnancy
• On the abdomen in the later stages of pregnancy.
• When driving, operating machinery, or similar actions needing fine control loose pads, damaged leads, or sudden changes in contact may cause brief involuntary muscle movements.
• To mask or relieve undiagnosed pain may delay diagnosis of progressive condition.
• Observe caution when using TENS at the same time as being connected to monitoring equipment with body worn electrode pads.
• Strong electromagnetic fields (electrosurgery/microwave cookers/mobile phones) may affect the correct operation of this unit.
• Use caution following recent surgical procedures stimulation may disrupt the healing process.
- Additional Information
This Product Qualifies for being Vat Exempt, by selecting the Vat Exempt option, your are agreeing to this VAT Exemption Declaration I declare that I have a condition that has lasted over three months and that I am receiving from Snowden Healthcare Ltd the goods which are being supplied to me for my personal use or on behalf of an individual who is chronically sick or disabled. I claim that the supply of these goods is eligible for relief from Value Added Tax (VAT) under the act 1994.
- Trusted Shops Reviews